<div class="qMYqUG_convSearchResultHighlightRoot">
<div class="" data-turn-id-container="request-6a5f735f-f6fc-83ee-81ee-4831bcceb0b0-61" data-is-intersecting="true">
<section class="text-token-text-primary w-full focus:outline-none has-data-writing-block:pointer-events-none [&:has([data-writing-block])>*]:pointer-events-auto R6Vx5W_threadScrollVars scroll-mb-[calc(var(--scroll-root-safe-area-inset-bottom,0px)+var(--thread-response-height))] scroll-mt-[calc(var(--header-height)+min(200px,max(70px,20svh)))]" dir="auto" data-turn-id="request-6a5f735f-f6fc-83ee-81ee-4831bcceb0b0-61" data-turn-id-container="request-6a5f735f-f6fc-83ee-81ee-4831bcceb0b0-61" data-testid="conversation-turn-164" data-turn="assistant">
<div class="text-base my-auto mx-auto pb-15 [--thread-content-margin:var(--thread-content-margin-xs,calc(var(--spacing)*4))] @w-sm/main:[--thread-content-margin:var(--thread-content-margin-sm,calc(var(--spacing)*6))] @w-lg/main:[--thread-content-margin:var(--thread-content-margin-lg,calc(var(--spacing)*16))] px-(--thread-content-margin)">
<div class="[--thread-content-max-width:40rem] @w-lg/main:[--thread-content-max-width:48rem] mx-auto max-w-(--thread-content-max-width) flex-1 group/turn-messages focus-visible:outline-hidden relative flex w-full min-w-0 flex-col agent-turn" data-conversation-screenshot-content="">
<div class="flex max-w-full flex-col gap-4 grow">
<div class="min-h-8 text-message relative flex w-full flex-col items-end gap-2 text-start break-words whitespace-normal outline-none keyboard-focused:focus-ring [.text-message+&]:mt-1" dir="auto" tabindex="0" data-message-author-role="assistant" data-message-id="4908beed-f973-410d-a0f0-723f5ecefda9" data-message-model-slug="gpt-5-5" data-turn-start-message="true">
<div class="flex w-full flex-col gap-1 empty:hidden">
<div class="markdown prose dark:prose-invert wrap-break-word w-full light markdown-new-styling">
<p class="PDq2pG_selectionAnchorContainer" data-start="359" data-end="575">Activist Sonam Wangchuk has strongly responded to criticism over ending his 26-day hunger strike, questioning why he is being asked to prove the sincerity of his protest despite the physical toll it took on his body.</p>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet">
<p dir="ltr" lang="en">AFTER 26 DAYS OF HUNGER DO I NEED TO PROVE MY SINCERITY !!!<br />Do please watch and help spread the word. Find the full 22 minutes video on my YouTube Channel: Sonam Wangchuk <a href="https://t.co/6CO3tjZsSD">pic.twitter.com/6CO3tjZsSD</a></p>
— Sonam Wangchuk (@Wangchuk66) <a href="https://ift.tt/4LrWXvx 24, 2026</a></blockquote>
<script src="https://ift.tt/VNwMRtS" async="" charset="utf-8"></script>
<p data-start="577" data-end="693">In a video message, Wangchuk recalled an incident during his fast when he allegedly asked authorities to arrest him.</p>
<p data-start="695" data-end="1096">"I had to struggle physically during the protest. The strength I had on the 20th and 22nd day had completely gone, yet I had to use whatever strength was left to come out forcibly."</p>
<p data-start="695" data-end="1096"><em><strong>Also Read: <a href="https://news.abplive.com/news/india/education-ministry-dharmendra-pradhan-to-make-major-announcement-at-8-pm-today-big-reforms-in-nta-likely-1858429">Education Ministry To Make Major Announcement At 8 PM Today. What's Coming</a></strong></em></p>
<p data-start="695" data-end="1096">He then shared another clip within the video showing him coming out of his room and asking police: Ask them to arrest me. Yes, arrest me. Why are you leaving me here for three hours on the 25th day of my hunger strike? You all are harassing me. If I die because of this stress, it will be your responsibility."</p>
<p data-start="1098" data-end="1215">He also questioned the conduct of officials, asking whether they had orders and repeatedly urging them to arrest him.</p>
<h2 data-section-id="1k2w198" data-start="1217" data-end="1261"><span role="text">'Do I Need A Character Certificate?'</span></h2>
<p data-start="1263" data-end="1422">Sharing his thoughts after ending the fast, Wangchuk said he recorded the video with "sadness, surprise, grief and anger" for his fellow citizens and students.</p>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pyB9c_m_RBA?si=3zN9sfqavr7QzjEO" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>
<p data-start="1424" data-end="1864">"For my brothers, sisters and students, I am making this video with sadness, surprise, grief and anger. After remaining hungry for 26 days, I have lost 11 kg of body weight. My muscles are gone, and my organs and brain are almost on the verge of irreversible damage. After sitting in Delhi's scorching heat, having come from Ladakh's freezing cold, do I still need to obtain a character certificate to prove how pure my fast was?" he asked.</p>
<h2 data-section-id="vcbf0z" data-start="1866" data-end="1905"><span role="text">Rejects Allegations of a 'Deal'</span></h2>
<p data-start="1907" data-end="2023">Wangchuk said he has started consuming liquid food from the previous day, which has helped him regain some strength.</p>
<p data-start="2025" data-end="2222">"Since yesterday, I have started taking liquid food. Some strength has returned to my body. Unfortunately, I now have to use that strength to answer the questions being raised against me," he said.</p>
<p data-start="2224" data-end="2401">He claimed many people had been calling him and sharing social media posts asking why he ended his fast in the presence of Union ministers and whether there had been any "deal".</p>
<p data-start="2224" data-end="2401"><em><strong>Also Read: <a href="https://news.abplive.com/news/india/neet-paper-leak-row-rahul-gandhi-calls-dharmendra-pradhan-criminal-education-minister-alleges-pellet-guns-used-on-students-1858400">Rahul Calls Pradhan 'Criminal Education Minister', Alleges Pellet Guns Used On Students</a></strong></em></p>
<p data-start="2403" data-end="2676">"People are asking why I ended my fast through Union ministers and not someone else. They are asking what deal was struck. If I wanted to make a deal, would I have remained hungry for 26 days? Many people make deals. Have you ever seen them do it like this?" Wangchuk said.</p>
<p data-start="2678" data-end="2947" data-is-last-node="" data-is-only-node="">He added, "If I wanted to strike a deal, couldn't I have done it while sitting in a luxurious air-conditioned room? Did I have to sit by the roadside in Delhi's heat to make a deal? It is unfortunate that such thoughts arise in our country. I do not blame most of you."</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</section>
</div>
</div>
from Read Full CJP Letter To PM Modi: Pradhan's Resignation, Rs 1Cr Compensation Among 'Non-Negotiable' Demands https://ift.tt/KusyPrB
via IFTTT
from Read Full CJP Letter To PM Modi: Pradhan's Resignation, Rs 1Cr Compensation Among 'Non-Negotiable' Demands https://ift.tt/KusyPrB
via IFTTT